A link at the bottom of the page will open the entry form when Entry opens February 18, 2019. Please read this guide to completing the form carefully.
If you will be uploading images for online review by the jury please prepare your digital images for upload before you begin your entry.
You may do a trial run. Just don’t hit the submit button. Exit the form by clicking on the menu at the top of the page.
The entry process has 7 parts:
The form is set up to present different entry fields depending on how and what you want to enter. Typically artists enter with digital image upload and pay online.
Faces of Ontario: digital image upload and online payment is the only option.
1. Artist Information.
2. Artwork Details (all fields are required)
- Choose the number pieces you want to enter. The entry fee is shown.
- For each piece enter: (this is used for the display card and as a factor in jurying)
- The artwork’s title
- The medium used. e.g. oil, acrylic, watercolour, encaustic, mixed media, etc.
- The size in inches. e.g. 8×10 to 36×48. Round to the nearest inch. See rule.
The field requires 2 digits, the x is there, followed by 2 digits. Therefore 8 inches would be entered as 08.
- The price. The price includes commission to Paint Ontario and any HST the artist must pay. Contact us if this is not clear. The format of the field is preformatted to accept simple numbers. i.e. 100 to 5000.
- Mayor’s Purchase Award. Enter Yes or No. See description.
- The Faces of Ontario Portrait Award. Enter Yes or No. If Yes is selected then all entries will use digital image upload and pay online.
3. Delivery and Payment Options
- Digital image upload and pay online (this will be the only option if you are entering any work in the Faces of Ontario category) The fees for your Entry are shown. If you have chosen to pay online the payment method “Securely Online using PayPal” is selected.
- Deliver to the museum and pay online (this option will open a message providing deliver to the museum dates)
- Deliver to the museum and pay at the museum. (this option will open a message providing deliver to the museum dates)
4. Digital Image Upload.
- This is required if you want to enter the Faces of Ontario category.
- This is what the upload section looks like. There will be as many upload boxes as pieces entered.
- Preparing your images for upload
- High resolution images must be used.
Typically experienced artists will use a camera to take and edit the images. Increasingly mobile devices / smartphones are used. The wide angle lenses of these device may create distortions which will have to be corrected using an image editing app on your device or computer. An app can also be used to crop, edit the size and filename.
- Taking the picture. Include the art work’s frame. Fill the camera screen leaving a very small border. Use an image editor to crop off the border.
- Edit the image.
- The image should be a minimum of 800px at 72dpi on its longest side.
- The image cannot be larger than 8 mb (7,700 KB). Use an image editor to resize your image. Between 800 KB and 2,000 KB is ideal.
An image that is larger than necessary will take a long time to upload.
Poor image quality may influence the jury when it comes to final decisions.
- Name the digital file: start with the artist’s last name, first name then the title of work, medium, framed dimensions and price. For example:
- Rowlands Fran Daylight Acrylic 24×36 500.jpg
- Important. Please ensure you have changed the file name on your computer before starting the online Entry Form. If you don’t name the file as we have requested we cannot ensure that your images will be included in the images that the jury will review.
- Unsure? If you need assistance Use the online entry contact form.
- The upload of your digital images is the 4th part of the entry process. Images are uploaded after you enter the artwork’s detail and choose “Online with digital image upload (payment required)”. Please take care that you upload the artwork in the correct box. A completed upload will display a thumbnail image. You will have more success if you let the current image upload complete before starting the next. If you make a mistake you can cancel the upload and/or remove the image and start the upload over.
It is at this point you can see if your image has the correct orientation.
- If you have chosen to pay online you will see this section of the form indicating the Entry Fee and Payment Method.
- High resolution images must be used.
5. Terms and Conditions – stop here if this is trial run.
- A tick box will be shown.
- Clicking on the box will show the Submit button.
The form is processed and if complete one of the following happens:
6. Online Payment
You have arrived here because pay “Securely Online using PayPal” was shown earlier on the entry form. This is the PayPal website. Only your Entry number, number of entries and the fee were sent to PayPal for use with the Grand Bend Art Centre / Paint Ontario PayPal account.
The first part of the initial PayPal page is for PayPal members. If you don’t have an account with PayPal scroll down the page until you see “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” You don’t have to use the same information as the entry form. It is a standard credit card payment process.
When your payment is accepted you will return to our home page.
If your payment is not processed you will be sent to a Paint Ontario help page.
7. Email Address Confirmation and Entry Forms
Immediately after your entry is processed you will receive 2 emails which you print and use when you bring your entries to the museum. The first email is the Entry Form and the second email has the Exhibit Labels. For those entering using digital image upload retain these emails to use when advised one or more were accepted.
If you don’t receive the emails check your spam folder. If they don’t arrive soon after submitting your entry contact us immediately. If your email address was not entered correctly we will not be able to send you acceptance information.
To ensure you receive our emails add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Contacts and/or whitelist.
Entry Form: When delivering your artwork to the museum bring the email with the subject “Entry Form”, and make sure the emailed “Exhibit Label”, is attached securely to the back of your artwork.
You must print the emailed “Entry Form” and bring it to the museum with your artwork.
The “Entry Form” also has your Security Login Code. You will need this to see which artwork was accepted. See Terms and Conditions, Acceptance Status Notification.
Exhibit Label: print the email, cut off each label and attach it firmly to the back of the artwork. Please read the instructions in the email.
Proceed to the Entry Form for delivery to the museum.