All entries are made online. The button to open the entry form is at the bottom of this page. Please read the following before opening the form.
There are 3 ways you can complete an online entry:
- Preferred: “Online with digital image upload (payment required)”.
Complete the artist information part of the form, complete the painting information, upload images of the painting for acceptance by the jury and pay. See below for specific instructions for entering digital images. There are specific file size and naming requirements. If you are entering the artwork in the portrait contest select yes here.
- “Online without digital image upload (payment required)”.
Complete the artist information part of the form, complete the painting information and pay. Every artwork entry has 2 questions that require an answer. You must answer no to the question about entering the Portrait Contest.
- “Online entry (payment when delivered to Museum)”
Complete the artist information part of the form, complete the painting information, and indicate that you will pay when you deliver your painting to the museum. Every artwork entry has 2 questions. You must answer no to the question about entering the Portrait Contest.
General Instructions and Information
- You may enter up to three works.
- The entry form has 6 parts:
- About the Artist.
- Artwork Details: After you select the number of pieces to enter the appropriate number of subforms will open.
- Artwork Submission: After entering the Artwork Details indicate how you will enter the show. If you select “Online with digital image upload (payment required)”, upload blocks will open. See how to upload your digital images further down this page.
- Payment: The fees for your Entry are shown. If you have chosen to pay online the payment method “Securely Online using PayPal” is selected.
- Confirmation: Complete the rest of the questions. When you confirm the terms and conditions the Submit button will open at the end of the form.
- Submit: If you are paying online the PayPal page will open after you press submit. When your payment is accepted you will return to our home page. If you are paying at the museum you will receive a message thanking you for your entry.
- After your entry is processed you will receive 2 emails which you print and use when you bring your entries to the museum. The first email is the Entry Form and the second email has the Exhibit Labels.
The Exhibit Label email is cut up and attached to the artwork. Please read the instructions in the email.
- For each accepted work, bring the email with the subject Entry Form, and make sure the emailed Exhibit Label, is attached securely to the back of your artwork.
You must print the emailed Entry Form and bring it to the museum with your artwork.
How to upload your digital images for review by the jury.
- Online payment is required to enter using digital images.
- High resolution images must be from professional quality photographs.
- Specifications: Use a 5 megapixel or higher camera. Fill the frame leaving a very small border. Use an image editor to crop off the border. Your image should be a minimum of 800px at 72dpi on its longest side.
- Your image cannot be larger than 8 mb (7,700 KB). If you are using a high resolution camera you will have to use an image editor to resize your image. Between 800 KB and 2,000 KB is ideal.
An image that is larger than necessary will take a long time to upload.
- Unsure? If you need assistance Use the online entry contact form.
- Name the digital file: start with the artist’s last name, first name then the title of work, medium, framed dimensions and price. For example:
- Rowlands Fran Daylight Acrylic 24×36 500.jpg
- Important. Please ensure you have changed the file name on your computer before starting the online Entry Form. If you don’t name the file as we have requested we cannot ensure that your images will be included in the images that the jury will review.
- The upload of your digital images is the 3rd part of the entry process. Images are uploaded after you enter the artwork’s detail and choose “Online with digital image upload (payment required)”. Please take care that you upload the artwork in the right order. A completed upload will display a thumbnail image. You will have more success if you let the current image upload complete before starting the next. If you make a mistake you can cancel the upload and/or remove the image and start the upload over.
- Note: Museum Delivery Dates are different for accepted Artwork submitted with uploaded images. Artwork must be delivered to Baillies for framing by March 12, if framed March 15 or the Museum by 4 p.m. Friday, March 16.