All entries are online. A link to the Entry Form will appear at the bottom of this page on Feb 12.
There are 3 ways you can complete online entry:
- Preferred: “Online with digital image upload (payment required)”.
Complete the artist information part of the form, complete the painting information, upload images of the painting for jurying and pay. See below for specific instructions for entering digital images. There are specific file naming requirements.
- “Online without digital image upload (payment required)”.
Complete the artist information part of the form, complete the painting information and pay.
- “Online entry (payment when delivered to Museum)”
Complete the artist information part of the form, complete the painting information, and indicate that you will pay when you deliver your painting to the museum.
General Instructions and Information
- You may enter up to three works.
- The entry fee is payable by debit card, credit card or PayPal. To pay using debit or credit card scroll down on the first PayPal page to the Pay by Debit or Credit Card button. If you elect to pay when you deliver your artwork to the museum for jurying your Entry Form will say Payment Required. Cheque, credit or debit card are available.
- After your entry is processed you will receive 2 emails which you print and use when you bring your entries to the museum. The first email is the Entry Form and the second are the Exhibit Labels.
The Exhibit Label is cut up and attached to the artwork. Please read the instructions in the email.
- For each accepted work, bring the email with the subject Entry Form, and make sure the emailed Exhibit Label, is attached securely to the back of your artwork.
You must print the emailed Entry Form and bring it to the museum with your artwork.
How to upload your digital images for jurying.
- Online payment is required.
- High resolution images must be from professional quality photographs.
- Specifications: Use a 5 megapixel or higher camera. Fill the frame leaving a very small border. Use an image editor to crop off the border. Your image should be a minimum of 800px at 72dpi on its longest side. Save the file in its original size using the Name the file instructions below.
- Unsure? If you need assistance Use the online entry contact form.
- Name the digital file: start with the artist’s last name, first name then the title of work, medium, framed dimensions and price. For example:
- Rowlands Fran Daylight Acrylic 24×36 500.jpg
- Important. Please ensure you have changed the file name on your computer before starting the online Entry Form.
- Upload of all your digital images is the 3rd part of the entry process. Images are loaded after you enter all the painting detail. Please take care that you upload the artwork in the right order.
- Note: Museum Delivery Dates are different for accepted Artwork submitted with uploaded images. Artwork must be delivered to Baillies for framing by March 12, if framed March 15 or the Museum by 4 p.m. Friday, March 16.