Entry to the 2017 Show is closed – these pages are for reference
CRITERIA for ACCEPTANCE
This juried competition for “representational” art seeks paintings that depict the diversity of the Ontario landscape, architecture, flora and fauna, waterscapes, and urbanscapes.
- Portrait style paintings that depict a person or animal without an Ontario setting or context will not be accepted.
- Media can be oil, watercolour, acrylic, pencil, charcoal, or mixed media; no sculpture, photography, computer art or textile art.
- Total outside dimensions, including frame,must be between 8”x10” and 36”x48”.
- All work must be original. No copies from other artists or from published material, including stock photography, no supervised work, no reproductions or prints, will be allowed. All painting and reference material, including photographs, must be the original work of the artist and may be requested by jurors.
- No repeat entries.
- All work must be for sale.
- To be accepted, all work must be ready to hang.
This means framed, unless the work is designed to hang unframed. If the latter, the sides must be painted for a tailored, finished look. The piece must be also be properly wired.
- The completed Part 2 – Exhibit Label must be securely attached to the back of the work, not draped around the wire.
Fees and Commision
The entry fee has been raised to $30 and includes the first work entered. Additional pieces are $10 each. Fees are non-refundable.
There is a new on-line registration (without digital images) which qualifies for a $5 discount. On-line with Digital image entry also qualifies for the $5 discount.
A sales commission of 35% is payable to Paint Ontario. Please price your work accordingly, including applicable taxes.
The judges’ decisions will be final. Winners will be notified before the opening.
Update Your Artists Bio.
Many visitors and potential purchasers at the show ask for information about artists. The Art Centre staff maintain a binder with this information, however it is up to each artist to maintain an updated biography. It can be as plain or fancy as you like but no hand written pages please. An 8.5″x11″ hard copy can be dropped off when you deliver your artwork or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday February 1st
Intake for jurying begins.
Saturday February 11th 4 pm
Last day for intake at Baillie’s.
Wednesday February 15th
Last day for intake at Baillie’s.
Friday February 17th
Last day for on-line entries.
Last day for intake at the Museum.
Sunday February 26th
Last day for the Paint Ontario Team to contact artists whose work has been accepted.
Friday March 3rd
Last day to deliver artwork that was accepted in on-line jurying.
Friday March 10th
OPENING 4 to 9 pm
Awards presentation at 7 pm.
Saturday March 11th
Exhibition and sale open to public
10 am to 5 pm daily.
Sunday April 2nd
Last day of the exhibit – closing at 4 pm.
The Museum will remain open from 4 – 6 pm for artwork to be picked up.
Sunday April 16th
Last day to pick up unsold art. Art with prepaid shipping will be sent this week.
Importance of the Entry Form
We need all the information requested on the forms. If you complete the form on-line you will receive you will receive two emails – the first will be Part 1 and the second Part 2. You must still bring in a hard(printed) copy of Part 1. Part 2 must be attached to your artwork.
Pieces not having Part 2 attached will not be accepted.
Entering this competition automatically constitutes your acceptance of all published rules.
Paint Ontario and Lambton Heritage Museum shall NOT be responsible for loss of or damage to any artwork, no matter what the cause.
If your work is not accepted or sold, it will be stored at the Museum. We cannot accommodate pick-ups on opening day, or on any day after the Museum closes for the day. See the sidebar for Museum hours.
Unless special arrangements have been made, any work remaining after April 16 becomes the property of the Grand Bend Art Centre.